The 2019 Annual Conference will be held at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort in the Orlando-area, from July 8 to July 10!
You can now reserve your hotel room for the FCC 2019 Annual Conference! The resort rates will be available from Tuesday, July 2 (07/02) through Sunday, July 14 (07/14)!
Due to the high volume around July 4, and this premium rate, the FCC expects the hotel block to be filled quickly, so we suggest reserving your room as soon as possible. Rates start at $169 per night.
When making your hotel reservations, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort will require a credit card and deposit of the first night’s stay ($169) to reserve your hotel room.
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
1000 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8403
Overflow Hotel: Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort
Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans’s historic French Quarter at this Moderate Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively.
The FCC Conference Planning team has secured an overflow hotel at the rate of $202 per night for attendees that are unable to reserve their room at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. Attendees are able to reserve their hotel room based on hotel availability until June 6, 2019. To reserve your hotel room, click the button below and select, “Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort” as your hotel.
Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort
2201 Orleans Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
The cutoff date for making reservations is June 6, 2019.
- In-Room Celebrations
- Disney Bus Transportation
- Disney’s Magical Express
- Minnie Van Service
- Complimentary WiFi Internet
- Online Check-In
- Business Center
- Childcare Services
- Spa & Fitness
- Disney Signature Services
- Merchandise Delivery and Pickup
- Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
Start and end your stay with complimentary motorcoach transportation to and from Orlando International Airport and select Walt Disney World Resort hotels, with complimentary luggage delivery. Domestic passengers can bypass baggage claim and all Guests can avoid the inconvenience and cost of driving or finding ground transportation. Here’s how the Disney’s Magical Express Service works:
1. Book a Magical Express reservation. A Magical Express reservation is required to use the service. We recommend guests book reservations at least 30 days prior to arrival. Guests may call 407-827-6777 or go online to book their Magical Express reservation.
2. Guests receive their Magical Express Confirmation Letter. Approximately one week prior to
arrival, U.S. & Canada residents will receive a confirmation letter containing general information and special luggage tag to attach to their luggage prior to departure. For bookings made within 10 days, we can’t guarantee that the information will be mailed in time. If Guests do not receive their Magical Express Confirmation Letter. Guests will still be able to utilize the service. Upon arrival at Orlando International Airport, proceed directly to Disney’s Magical Express on the B Side, Level 1. Guests do not need to claim their luggage. Disney will gather information, claim checks, and collect the luggage for the Guest and then deliver it to their Resort Guest room. Luggage is picked up between 5 a.m. -10 p.m. If the Guest chooses to collect their luggage upon arrival, they may bring it with them on the motorcoach. This luggage is the responsibility of the Guest and will not be delivered to the Guest room.
3. Carry-on bags Please pack any valuables, medications, or anything needed immediately upon arrival into Orlando in a carry-on bag. Guests will take their carrying-on luggage with them on to the motorcoach. Carry-on luggage is the responsibility of the Guest and will not be delivered to the Guest room.
4. Arrival at Orlando International Airport: Upon arrival, proceed to the Main Terminal and then
to Disney’s Magical Express, located at Ground Transportation on the B Side, Level 1.
5. Transportation to the Resort: The motorcoach may make up to three stops before arriving at the resort. Length of time on the motorcoach will vary. Guests can expect to travel between 45 and 75 minutes.
6. Luggage delivery to the resort. Luggage with Magical Express tags will be claimed at the airport and delivered to the Guest’s room. Luggage may take up to three to four hours after Guest check-in to be delivered.
The Walt Disney World Resort is located southwest of Orlando, off Interstate 4 (Exit 65), west of the Florida Turnpike. From the Orlando International Airport, take SR 417 South (Toll Road) to exit #3 for Osceola Parkway West. Continue through Disney’s Welcome Archway. Go through two traffic lights, then exit for All-Star Resorts/Blizzard Beach/Coronado Springs. Turn right at the bottom of the exit ramp on to West Buena Vista Drive. Turn left at the next traffic signal into Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.
At Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, standard overnight parking is $19 per vehicle, per night. A complimentary shuttle is available from all Disney resorts to theme parks every 15-20 minutes, from one hour prior to parks opening to one hour after parks close. With your valid resort MagicBand, parking is complimentary at the Theme Parks.
Stay tuned for updates regarding the 2019 Annual Conference, including sponsor and exhibitor opportunities! For questions about the conference, please email the FCC Conference Team at [email protected].