Case Manager Trainee Program
Job Summary: This position promotes the safety, well-being and permanency of children in the Child Welfare System who have been identified as unsafe through classroom and field based modalities.
- Understand the purpose of engaging and collaboratively assessing with the family the appropriate interventions to achieve the permanency outcome safely within the established federal and state mandates and Florida Statute, Chapter 39, ChildNet’s System of Care, policies and procedure.
- Understand the purpose of meeting with vested stakeholders to include but not limited to: the authorized agent of the department Child Protective Investigator (CPI), the parents, the school board representative and ChildNet’s contracted providers (e.g., shelters, foster home providers and residential group care providers) to coordinate the child(ren)s entrance into ChildNet’s System of Care keeping the child(ren)s best interest in mind.
- Understand the purpose of gathering ongoing information about the child(ren) and family from case assignment, through the family functioning assessment and case management process to support recommendations of intervention services provided by ChildNet’s System of Care, i.e., safety planning, the make-up of the household, the social history of the family, any previous abuse reports, the specific circumstances surrounding the alleged maltreatment, arranges for fingerprinting of the child(ren), receives completed background checks; photographs the child(ren) and completes all required forms and referrals, i.e., home study, placement referral form, etc.
- Understand the purpose of conducting a preliminary assessment of the child(ren) to determine or assess if an alert is warranted, e.g., sexual perpetrator, physically aggressive, sexual offender, juvenile sexual offender or arson.
- Understand the purpose of conducting a through home study to include: i.e., Family Safety Contract; placement of siblings together, proximity to the family, as appropriate, same school zone; least restrictive setting consistent with the child’s behavioral needs, or with other children carefully considering the mix of children present; facilitates the initial family contact visits for the child(ren) and provide recommendations on placement and services to the agencies supervisors, managers and senior staff.
- Understand the purpose of preparing and documenting all case management activities in SACWIS (FSFN) within a timely manner.
- Understand the purpose of crafting service plans (case plans) for the child and families which explains or reinforces: why child(ren) were deemed unsafe and referred to ongoing case management; assists the parents and/or child(ren) in identifying and enhancing Caregvier’s Protective Capacities and Child’s Needs to promote safety, permanency and well-being in a timely manner.
- Understand the purpose of coordinating with the representative from the school board to determine the child’s school status so that he or she can continue without disruption; complies with the Broward School Board Interagency Agreement.
- Understand the purpose of assembling, organizing and providing information to the Revenue Maximization Department and Medical Unit, e.g., profile, shelter petition, court order Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) Form, birth verification; assigns the cases to the service centers based on geographical location and placement of the child(ren); conducts follow-up with Child Protective Investigator (CPI) to obtain missing information and forward to the service center.
- Understand the purpose of recognizing, respecting and responding to the unique, culturally-defined needs of others served.
Bachelor’s Degree in social work or a related field.
Years of Experience:
One (1) year of social services experience preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.childnet.us.