Family Finding Specialist
Website Children's Home Network
JOB SUMMARY: This Family Finding Specialist coordinates family finding activities that include identification and engagement of potential relative caregivers to prevent placement of children from licensed care. Links families to the Kinship Services team for support and to promote placement stability. Participates in organization’s performance and quality improvement efforts.
1. Arranges and facilitates Family Team Conferencing
2. Interviews parents, children, and every known family member
3. Calls identified family members
4. Creates a centralized list of known family members along with any related safety issues
5. Document efforts in FSFN
6. Creates a mobility mapping
7. Completes File scrubs
8. Attends and provides updates for case status staffings for decision making
9. Maintains a caseload of 10-12 children.
10. Links to Kin Navigators for referrals and resources to the family.
11. Coordinates with other departments of the agency (CHN) and the Eckerd Connects as required.
12. Maintains ongoing relationships with organizations, individuals and providers that assist the program, and renews and expands those relationships.
13. Works with Program Manager and program staff to determine any family needs and utilizes developed peer to peer relationships to fill those needs.
14. Ensures proper documentation of all activities involved in the acquisition of program resources as set forth in the CHN policy and procedures and Eckerd Connects sub-contract.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned.
***THESE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF ALL DUTIES PERFORMED. EMPLOYEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM
OTHER JOB RELATED MARGINAL DUTIES AS REQUIRED***
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in Human Services field or related field, and at least one (1) year experience in Social Services environment.
Licenses & Certifications:
• Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license with no record of criminal
• driving offense of license suspension.
• Must possess means of providing job related transportation and show proof of required
• insurance. Must be insurable under CHN’s current auto insurance policy.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Must successfully complete and maintain FDLE clearance, Federal background and
• State criminal background check and sexual predator screening.
PRIMARY CLIENTS SERVED:
Families identified as relative caregivers providing primary care for children ages 0-18 of kin that are self-referred or through community referrals.
To apply for this job please visit www.childrenshomenetwork.org.