Website Children's Home Network
JOB SUMMARY: This peer to peer navigator coordinates public benefits between the family and DCF/TANF and helps navigate families to services or tangible items needed to assist families in promoting the health and well being of the children and their relative caregivers. Assists in development and coordination of Support groups for participants. Participates in organization’s performance and quality improvement efforts.
1. Serves as initial contact with family to gather information regarding their needs.
2. Gathers appropriate assessment information for the team.
3. Completes DCF/ ACCESS applications with families to seek public benefits (cash assistance, food stamps and Medicaid).
4. Based on assessment, assists family in developing a Family Support Plan (FSP)
5. Maintains a caseload of 10-12 families.
6. Monitors ongoing referrals and resources to the family.
7. Assists in development and coordination of Support groups for participants.
8. Coordinates with other departments within the Children’s Home Network as required.
9. Maintains ongoing relationships with organizations, individuals and providers that assist the program, and renews and expands those relationships.
10. Works with Program Manager and program staff to determine any family needs and utilizes developed peer to peer relationships to fill those needs.
11. Ensures proper documentation of all activities involved in the acquisition of program resources as set forth in CHN policy and procedures and funder contract requirements.
12. Develops and maintains a list of individuals, organizations and providers that may assist children and families in the program (Businesses, Civic Groups, Schools, Neighborhood Associations and Faith Groups).
13. Works as part of a multi-disciplinary team to meet the needs of children and families.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
***THESE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF ALL DUTIES PERFORMED. EMPLOYEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM OTHER JOB RELATED MARGINAL DUTIES AS REQUIRED***
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent and one (1) year experience in Social Services environment
or related field. Experienced relative caregiver preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
• Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license with no record of criminal
• driving offense of license suspension.
• Must possess means of providing job related transportation and show proof of required
• insurance. Must be insurable under CHI’s current auto insurance policy.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Must successfully complete and maintain FDLE clearance, Federal background and
• State criminal background check and sexual predator screening.
PRIMARY CLIENTS SERVED:
Families identified as relative caregivers providing primary care for children ages 0-18 of kin that are self-referred or through community referrals.
To apply for this job please visit www.childrenshomenetwork.org.