Certified Family Care Counselor
Website Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
**This is a field-based Case Management position that covers Gilchrist, Levy and Dixie Counties**
If you are passionate about supporting the mission of providing safety to children and helping to build strong families in the community, then Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health has an opportunity that will interest you! We are looking for a motivated, dedicated and compassionate person to be a Family Case Manager!
Being a Family Case Manager has its Advantages
As a Family Case Manager at Devereux, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- Opportunities to make a positive impact in the lives of children and families in need of support
- A rewarding opportunity to see help children reach their full potential and achieve their goals
- Quality Low-Cost Benefits, plus student loan debt assistance and 30-day benefit eligibility waiting period for new hires! http://benefits.devereux.org
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides case management services for children and families referred by the child welfare and foster care system, to ensure a community without abuse, neglect or abandonment, so all children grow to their full potential. Based out of Lake City, FL, this position is responsible for ensuring the safety of youth referred by child welfare, including conducting home visits, providing assessments, and coordinating temporary and permanency placement, as well as ensuring the overall social, physical, psychological, and emotional well-being of parents and care-givers.
keywords: family case manager, child welfare, case manager, child advocate, family advocate, social work, human services, family care counselor, psychology, child protection, non-profit
What is Devereux doing to support and protect the health and safety of our staff during the COVID-19 pandemic?
At Devereux, nothing is more important than the health and safety of our clients, staff and families. All Devereux centers have formal infectious-disease and emergency-management plans tailored to specifically address the unique aspects of COVID-19 prevention. In accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization, just a few of these precautions have included:
- Establishing enhanced cleaning and disinfection across all campuses and sites
- Implementing social distancing protocols across all programs
- Using PPE, including masks, gloves and gowns as indicated by the CDC
- Ensuring daily temperature and symptom screenings for all staff and clients
Throughout the pandemic, Devereux has also supported the physical and financial health of our dedicated team members – our very own Healthcare Heroes. A variety of options have been implemented over time to support our staff, including the provision of:
- Ongoing dedication bonuses, as well as sign-on bonuses, for direct support professionals (DSP) and other staff members
- Flexible schedules, remote working where possible, and redeployment between programs and services
- Hazard pay for those supporting quarantined individuals and shelter away services to frontline staff, when needed, to mitigate spread to families
- Advancing paid time off and sick time; eliminating telemedicine costs over a period of time
As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we will continue to adapt our response (and protocols) in real-time to meet any challenges and to ensure the safety of our staff and those we are so privileged to serve and support. #devereuxstrong
To apply for this job please visit careers-devereux.icims.com.