Senior Director of Case Management Services
Website Kids Central, Inc
This is a highly responsible professional position, which includes the planning, organizing, coordinating, and direction of all child welfare services of Marion County. The services include Dependency Case Management, Adoption Case Management, transportation and visitation coaches. This position works closely and collaboratively with the other Program Directors and reports to Chief of Operations. Processes and maintaining staff compliance is the primary role for this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Directs, leads, and supervises CMA staff.
- Completes employee evaluations, interviews prospective employees, and keeps employees updated on Center’s news and information.
- Responsible for the quality, organization, compliance and performance of the program.
- Respond to the needs of staff as issues arise.
- Review all D&E, Flex Fund and Level of Care packets prior to their submission.
- Oversee all activities related to the CFSR reviews and improvement plans.
- Manage and implement all practice change.
- Review all reports that come in through Kids Central Inc. or that are pulled by the QA department and assess for our strengths and areas for improvement recognizing when a practice change is necessary.
- Respectfully resolves client, vendor, or community complaints or grievances as quickly and completely as possible. Recruits additional resources, as needed, to positively impact a satisfactory outcome for the complainant.
- Respond to all consumer/stakeholder inquiries and/or complaints.
- Responsible for budgetary allocations to program including staffing, client services and operational expenditures.
- Maintains, tracks and reviews key data indicators to ensure that outcomes are achieved.
- Completes all other tasks and duties assigned as needed to help drive KCI’s Vision, fulfill our Mission, and abide by our organizations’ Values.
This list of functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Kids Central reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree in human services or related field and five years’ experience in providing services to families, including two years managing staff. Master’s degree in Human Services or related field is preferred
Child Welfare Certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to work in a highly visible position and use effective interpersonal communication skills to respond to children and their families, and legal entities (i.e. judges, law enforcement, CLS etc.).
- Working knowledge of C&F and COA, Medicaid Standards, mental health, alcohol/drug abuse regulations and treatment of same.
- Must possess knowledge of effective supervisory skills and employee management techniques. Ability to supervise, direct and evaluate supervisory and direct line staff.
- Ability to assess child and family dynamics to determine appropriate case planning.
Ability to develop, coordinate and evaluate budget allocations to assure appropriate expenditure of resources.
- Knowledge of Florida’s welfare policies, statutes and administrative codes regarding services to dependent children. Knowledge of social service resources in Marion County.
- Ability to develop long range and short range objectives including monitoring and corrective action plans.
- Knowledge of best practices in child welfare services
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write concise reports within 24 hours of event or as required by program.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- General office equipment such as phone, copier, computer, etc.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 20 pounds.
- Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing and/or pulling which exceeds the minimum requirements.
Kids Central, Inc. is the lead Community Based Care agency for child welfare in Circuit 5, which encompasses Marion, Lake, Hernando, Sumter and Citrus counties. Kids Central, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, disability or veteran status as those terms are defined under applicable law. Kids Central is a Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Kids Central, Inc. provides a comprehensive compensation package including company-paid medical plan, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company match, and a generous paid time off allotment.
APPLY online at www.kidscentralinc.org/jobs/job-listings
Salary Range: To be discussed with Employer.
Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
To apply for this job please visit www.kidscentralinc.org.