Initial Licensing Specialist
Website Kids Central Inc.
The Initial Licensing Specialist is the primary point of contact for licensed foster homes and those in the process of being licensed. The incumbent is also responsible for accurately and in accordance with strict timeframes, complete and submit initial licensure and re-licensure packets to the Department of Children and Families, along with recommendation for approval or revocation of license.
• May conduct Parent Resources for Information, Development, and Education (PRIDE) or other approved pre-service training to prospective foster/adoptive parents in Citrus, Hernando, Lake, Marion and Sumter counties.
• Screening prospective foster/adoptive parent applicants to include reviewing preliminary paperwork and completing background screening.
• Develop timely and complete licensing packets for prospective new foster homes, which includes attending PRIDE classes upon request to become familiar with the family, conducting a minimum of two home visits to the prospective home for initial assessment; assisting prospective foster parents in completing all licensing and background screening paperwork; evaluating background information; evaluating and assessing all family members, household members and backups/sitters for inclusion in the initial licensure foster home study. The expected timeframe for initial packet submission to the Licensing Supervisor is within (30) days of the family completing PRIDE class, unless an exception is made by the Supervisor or Director.
• Assist the Kids Central Placement Department and Family Care Managers to determine appropriate foster parent and foster child matches.
• Backs-up Placement Specialist in the actual placement of children during occasional weekend coverage.
• Completes Interstate Compact for Placement of Children (ICPC) home studies including preliminary home study within 30 days of request and monthly updates on licensing process delivered to State of Florida ICPC office.
• Actively participates in the recruitment of foster parents.
• Maintain foster home files in a manner that would be considered “audit ready” at all times.
• Maintain up to date chronological notes in the files and/or FSFN.
• Practice office professionalism by ensuring client and foster parent confidentiality.
• Assist with community events
• Participation in PRIDE classes and Foster Parent Orientation
• Participation in Foster Parent Association meetings
• Other duties as assigned
This list of functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Kids Central reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
Education, Training, Years of Experience:
• Master’s degree preferred with one year experience in child welfare or human services. Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field with two years’ experience in child welfare or human services. If degree is in an unrelated field, must be eligible for a waiver. Eligible college or university degrees must be awarded by an institution accredited by an accreditation body recognized by the Federal Department of Education and/or Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The college or university must have been accredited at the time the degree was awarded.
• Child Welfare Certification preferred but not required at time of hire. Must obtain and maintain certification in good standings within one year of employment.
• Must maintain a clear criminal background and driving record.
• Must have a valid Florida driver’s license and be insurable by agency’s current insurance carrier
• Must successfully clear Level II Background Screen
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to meet Organizational Required Competency standards
• Knowledge of the child welfare system and applicable statutes
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite and FSFN)
• Ability to work occasional weekends and nights (from 10pm Friday to 8am Monday or 10 pm to 8 am Monday -Thursday) to cover Placement
• Ability to multi-task and problem solve
• Ability to travel locally up to 75%
• Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
To apply for this job please visit www.kidscentralinc.org.