Website Partnership for Strong Families
Partnership for Strong Families is the lead agency for a community-based network in 13 counties in North Central Florida, providing services to ensure the safety, well-being and security of its children and families through foster care and related services. We are seeking a Placement Specialist to join our team in Gainesville, Florida. As the initial point of contact with Partnership For Strong Families Inc., the Placement Specialist is responsible for assessment and coordination of placement of children in need of licensed out-of-home care under the supervision of Partnership for Strong Families Inc. and/or Department of Children and Families. The Placement Specialist will report directly to the Placement Manager.
Salary: $34,000 – $43,000
Mission: To enhance the community’s ability to protect and nurture children by building, maintaining and constantly improving a network of family support services.
Vision: To be a recognized leader in protecting children and strengthening families through innovative evidenced-based practices and highly effective, engaged employees and community partners.
- Conduct, coordinate, and participate in team meetings, client care and utilization reviews, multi-disciplinary staffing, and placement stability team meetings as appropriate.
- Act as liaison between partner parents, case management agencies and Department of Children and Families staff to ensure appropriate placements are maintained.
- Ensure positive and timely communication with caregivers, case management agencies, and other providers.
- Work cooperatively with foster home Recruitment and Retention and Licensing staff to support partner parents, identify additional placement capacity needs, and resolve foster home issues and problems.
- Collaborate with partner parents and other placement providers to ensure trauma informed and appropriate transition of children.
- Provide placement coverage when a Placement Specialist is out of the office.
- Complete over capacity waivers including medical, physical, and/or mental health needs of the child and ensure appropriate support services are considered prior to recommendation to review and approve.
- Evaluate separated siblings, placements outside of home County, and group home data to formulate a plan to keep siblings together, maintain a child in their home county in the least restrictive placement, and to minimize the number of movements a child has while in care.
- Gather and evaluate documents and information prior to recommendation to review and approve in initial contract and services agreement activities with potential placement providers.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in human services or related field, 2 years’ experience in child welfare, behavioral health, or related field; possess a Florida Driver’s License, acceptable driving record, and have access to reliable transportation; and be certified as a Child Protection Professional or be CPP eligible. The following education or experience is preferred: Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Human Services or related field, Parent Resources for Information Development and Education (P.R.I.D.E) certification, and/or experience or knowledge in Florida Child Welfare programs.
This position requires frequent same-day travel.
PFSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ Drug Free Work Place and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the Human Resource Department at 1-352-244-1527. Notification to the Human Resource office must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Drug-Free Workplace: PSF maintains and enforces a Drug-Free Workplace program.
To apply for this job please visit www.pfsf.org.