Website Safe Children Coalition
Provides training services to the Community Based Care initiative through training, developing and implementing associated quality improvement strategies to strengthen child welfare services in Desoto, Manatee, and Sarasota Counties. As a contributing member of the Training team, engages in systems analysis, evaluation, and delivery of trainings that increases skills of staff. Provides analysis and recommendations for improving the system through development of training initiatives.
· Responsible for assuring compliance regarding current federal, state, and local laws, contracts, accreditation standards, and policies and procedures.
· Supports professional development initiatives by assimilating recommendations from analysis activities into training tools that can be used to ensure effective deployment of processes and support/retention of appropriate and skilled resources.
· Assists with the delivery of the Pre-Service training to new child welfare staff within our CBC.
Responsible for providing support, direction, and guidance to child welfare staff.
· Assesses child welfare staff competency to perform child welfare services under standard supervision.
· Has responsibility to recommend Case Managers for required child welfare certification based on assessment of skills and abilities.
· As requested, responds to the training information needs of the Continuous Quality Improvement Committee, CEO executive committee, Stakeholders, QA Licensing group, and other advisory groups.
· Researches current best practice, regulatory, and accreditation compliance standards, as well as CBC policy and procedure, and integrates them into the CBC Trainings.
· Provides up to date information regarding current federal and state rules, contract requirements, procedures, and policies affecting CBC to all participants.
· Promotes and participates in agency-wide continuous quality improvement initiatives.
· Provides accurate, professional representation of community based care to community groups, including speaking engagements and other public relation functions, as designated.
· Participates in accreditation maintenance and reaccreditation activities.
· Assists in the review of CBC policy and procedure, making recommendations for changes, enhancements, additions and deletions based on best practice and compliance issues.
· As a contributing member of the Training team, engages in systems analysis, evaluation, and delivery of trainings that increases skills of staff.
STANDARDS OF CONDUCT:
· Will adhere to all policies and procedures including but not limited to privacy, confidentiality and security policies and procedures.
· Maintains confidentiality about all matters.
· Ensures that the Association provides its services with sensitivity to the cultural differences that are present among the Associations’ employees, clients, members, and volunteers.
· Will abide by the decision of the management team in the use and disclosure of PHI.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
· Possess knowledge of statutes and Administrative Code.
· Ability to analyze data and trends, apply that information to accepted standards, and make recommendations to improvement practice in order to meet or exceed those standards.
· Ability to train staff and foster parent resources on standards and expectations.
· Ability to work well with staff and partner agencies.
· Ability to lead, team build and develop effective presentations.
· Ability to maintain a professional working relationship with outside agencies.
· Have administrative abilities and be detail oriented.
· Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
· Ability to work independently and utilize initiative, ability to be organized and to meet deadlines.
· Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
· Work to continue personal competency through education, outside literature, seminars, etc.
· Computer experience in a Windows environment, Microsoft Office (Excel, WORD, POWERPOINT), ability to learn and utilize other software programs (such as FSFN).
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in the areas of psychology, social work, or related human service field, plus a minimum of three years experience in child welfare. Training experience preferred.
OTHER MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Must hold a current Child Welfare Certification. Must obtain and maintain a Child Welfare Trainer Certification to train pre-service upon hire.
To apply for this job please visit sccfl.org.