Director of Communications and Engagement
Website Service Management Solutions for Children/Partnership for Strong Families
We are seeking a Director of Communications and Engagement to join our team in Gainesville, Florida. The Director of Communications and Engagement (DCE) is responsible for developing a climate of awareness and acceptance for Partnership for Strong Families, Inc., an affiliated agency of Service Management Solutions for Children. The DCE will create and communicate clear, concise and consistent professional messages to community stakeholders, agency staff and network providers. This position oversees recruitment of Partner (foster) and Adoptive Parents, media relations, government relations, development efforts and community outreach. The position will coordinate special events and manage various projects that support the organization’s mission and vision. The DCE reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Clinical and Community Services and the Chief Executive Officer.
Salary: $48,000 – $61,543
- Oversee Partner Family (foster parent) and adoptive family recruitment initiatives utilizing social media marketing strategies, outreach initiatives, strategic marketing and special events. Work with licensing, retention and adoption teams to increase number of quality homes accepting children temporarily and for adoption.
- Serve as board liaison for Community and Government Relations Committee and assist with board development initiatives as needed.
- Serve as single point of contact, other than CEO, for all media, and lead the Crisis Communication Committee for PSF.
- Develop and maintain extensive knowledge about Partnership for Strong Families’ programs and services, including PSF’s prevention initiatives and Resource Center Model.
- Develop written materials and deliver compelling presentations on requested topics to internal and external groups with a high level of skill.
- Design and execute targeted outreach activities, including development efforts and large-scale drives such as Wish Upon a Star and Back to School.
- Increase community support in Circuits 3 and 8.
- Build relationships with elected officials, providing child welfare insight into proposed policy and budget as requested. Coordinate government relations efforts on behalf of the agency, to include meetings with state legislators in district and in Tallahassee. Analyze and track proposed bills that could impact the system of care.
- Oversee staff who is responsible for Children’s Partnership Council coordination as well as staff responsible for recruitment initiatives throughout region.
- Represent the agency on a variety of local and state committees and planning teams.
- Oversee the grant development process and identification of new grant or funding opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in communications, marketing, human services or related field; three years of related job experience, ability to work a flexible schedule to meet programmatic needs, and proficiency in Adobe Design Software, Social Media platforms, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s license, maintenance of an acceptable driving record, and accessibility to reliable transportation is also required. The following education and experience are preferred: Master’s degree in a related field and experience working in the non-profit sector, coordinating special events, web design, and content management.
This position has supervisory responsibilities. This position may require occasional same day, weekend, and overnight travel.
SMS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ Drug Free Work Place and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the Human Resource Department at 1-352-244-1527. Notification to the Human Resource office must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Drug-Free Workplace: SMS maintains and enforces a Drug-Free Workplace program.
To apply for this job please visit www.pfsf.org.